Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Personal Note and Gypsy Update

What a long day it's been............

To keep the personal part short, but necessary: Today, DH and I went to Georgia to attend funeral services for his great-grandmother. She was 95 years old and surrounded by family to say farewell. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful ceremony. Unfortunately, her passing hit Grandma (DH's father's mom) very hard and she has been in ill- health as it is. She had been hospitalized the day she learned of her mother's passing and was released only to attend services. Needless to say, the emotion and heat of the day caught up to her again at the church and she became unresponsive. 911 was called and she was rushed to the hospital with a diastolic blood pressure around 42. They are keeping her for observation this evening, but they have ruled out any stroke or heart attack, which is good.... now we have to wait to see what else it could be.

I ask that anyone who reads this who prays to keep her in your thoughts. She is being kept at a hospital that is 4 hours away from home, so I'm sure she is scared and she doesn't like to be fussed over.

--------------------

On a more crafty note:: I had been reading various things on my phone on the 4 hour ride back this evening and saw some nightmare stories about the G update today! I was so anxious to get home to see if my update would work. I was a bit disheartened to see that Mac users were being put off for the updates a bit longer, but decided that I'd try to use DH's PC to update... and it worked the first try! Less than 30 minutes and I have all 6 of the free carts! I also linked Simply Charmed this weekend, so while I catch up on a gazillion loads of laundry tomorrow, I will be spending some much needed time in my craft room with my G!! What a beautiful love affair G and I have! LOL!

I hope that you are all well and that my fellow G users had pain-free updates as well!!! For now... good night!


1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your loss and the health struggles. I will be in prayer for your family! Be of courage and good cheer.

    ReplyDelete