Friday, August 6, 2010

Oh where have I been!?!

I started this blog and then... I disappeared for over a month! What happened?!

Well, at the end of June, my husband realized that he had some vacation time that he had to use up, so he, my stepdaugther, my Yorkie Princess and I loaded up the car and headed to my home state of Pennsylvania to visit my family and to help celebrate my niece's 2nd birthday!

My stepdaughter had never been to PA when there wasn't snow on the ground (we've only been able to take her at Christmas time) so I thought she needed to experience the northern part of the country during the summer time to be able to fully appreciate it! So, off we went!

We were in PA for almost 10 days and there is very limited internet access there, so obviously I wasn't posting then. Instead, I was out enjoying my time with my family! We had my niece's Nemo theme birthday party, took her to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time, visited Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World one day, Knoebels another day, went to the best Farmer's Market that I've ever been to, had a 4th of July BBQ and fireworks with the family, and ate at delicious restaurants such as: Country Cupboard, Grotto Pizza, OIP, Red Robin, The Brass Pelican, and Nino's! (I know that Red Robin is a chain restaurant, but we don't have one near us here in Florida so we always eat there when we go "home" to PA!) Of course, I was playing paparazzi and I took over 2,000 photos while we were on vacation, so there will be lots of photos to share!

Once we got back, I have been busy applying for jobs and tweaking my resume. I have been out of work for over a year now and am desperately trying to find a position. This didn't leave much time for me to scrapbook or craft.

Then, my DH had his 35th birthday on July 27th, so we spent that week celebrating HIM! Had a small family party at our house the day of his birthday, complete with his favorite dinner foods! Then that weekend we went to celebrate with his family by having dinner at a great Mediterranean restaurant here in Jacksonville called Istanbul Mediterranean & Italian Cuisine. YUMMY!!!!

Last weekend, I begged my DH to help me get my scrapbooking stuff out of the dining room and into our spare bedroom (which is never used). We'd already downsized from a full-sized bed to a twin daybed, so we just needed some tables and organizing stuff. We went to Lowe's and got some shelves and a folding 6' table (that can multipurpose come the holidays when we will be hosting dinner this year), and then visited Michael's and got some craft room organizers that were on sale for 40% off!! I can't tell you how excited I am to have an actual ROOM to craft in! We hooked up a little iPod radio and the TV and put a lamp in there for me so I can sit in there for HOURS now!

So that's where I've been and what I've been up to! I did finally get to do some scrapbooking this week, so I will return soon to post photos of our vacation, my room, and other neat stuff!!! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment