Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Great News!! I WON!

In trying to absorb all of the information and ideas that I possibly can to jump start my new hobby, I have been picking up/reading/buying all of the scrapbooking/card making magazines that I can find.

This past Saturday, while hubby was having "game day" (a day where all of his geeky friends come over and they play video games), I was out and about. I was lingering in Books-A-Million to waste some time and picked up a copy of Paper Crafts Magazine. This magazine is excellent! I got so many great ideas and inspiration from it! At the back of the May/June issue, there was a segment called "The sun will come out" which was about sun/rainbow inspired cards and projects. I fell in love with the idea and made many notes and tags on this part to refer back to.

Right after that segment, there was a page for a sweepstakes called "The sun will come out sweepstakes". I, being gainfully unemployed, figured WHAT THE HECK and went to the website to enter the contest.... as I have with a few hundred other contests in my favorite magazines. And on with my life I went....

...until today.

I get this email this afternoon.

Carol,

Congratulations! You have been chosen as a winner of our “The Sun Will Come Out” sweepstakes from the May/June issue of Paper Crafts magazine.
Please reply to this email with your mailing address, so we can mail your prize out to you.

Have a great day!!!

xxxxxxx xxxxxxx | xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx| Paper Crafts magazine | 801.xxx.xxxx
xxxxxxxx@papercraftsmag.com Check out our blog! www.PaperCraftsConnection.com


How wonderful is that! I haven't won anything since first grade when I won a bike helmet for Bike Safety Week!!! I can't wait to get the prize and begin playing with it!!! It's all sunshine-inspired, which is much needed in my life right now as it's been a bit dark and cloudy!

So... for those of you who don't think you can't ever win one of the magazine sweepstakes, I am proof that you can!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment