Friday, February 25, 2011

Requesting Cards for Aidan!

Good afternoon!!

I am "borrowing" this post from several of my blogging friends to ask for everyone to participate in sending some love and cards to this family and this little boy.

This story is hitting a little close to home for my family. My stepdaughter was diagnosed with leukemia when she was 3 years old and went through chemo and had the port installed (she still has the scar from it on her chest) and the works. Now, I wasn't a part of their life when she was going through this, but I know that it was a very scary time for her and for my family and my husband (who is a strong man) still tears up when he sees photos of Kelly from that time. Kelly is now 15 years old and has been in remission for 10 years now, so I KNOW that Aidan can fight this and come out strong on the other side, but still....I cannot imagine how difficult this is for a family to go through, so I know that cards of love, support, and encouragement would mean so very much!!

~~

Aidan is a sweet lil 2 year old, who was recently diagnosed with T Cell Leukemia. On Wednesday, he had a port installed in his chest, spinal tap, bone marrow, and chemo in his spine. He did GREAT! This lil guy is such a trooper. His parents have accepted that their BABY has Leukemia.. NOT the easiest thing to accept, but their faith in God, and their support system, have kept them going. T-Cell Leukemia has a high cure rate although chemo will be continued for quite a while. Lil Aidan LOVES mail, like any 2 year old does. So....

Let's get our crafting supplies out, and send this lil guy some LOVE!!! Pass this on to all your crafty friends. I think we can all take a couple minutes, and make something special for him, that will bring LOTS of smiles, and he can look at over and over. We all know how laughing and smiling can be good for the soul. Let's give him this much for him to enjoy while he's battling this horrible disease. I have no doubt in my mind, that God can perform a miracle in this beautiful child. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

Lets all come together and put Lots of BIG Smiles on Aidan's and his parents faces.

Please mail your cards to:

AIDAN
c/o Tanya Stilwell
P.O. Box 143
Cecilia, KY 42724

~~
From my heart to yours, I ask that you take part in this and send your card love and prayers! :-)

Happy Crafting, friends!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Carol,
    Thank you for posting this, I will definatly post this on my blog. My brother was diagnosed at the age of 2, he had acute lymphoblastic leukemia, received a bone marrow transplant from his twin, and has been doing great since, He is now 30
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for re-posting this!!! :) I am glad to hear your step daughter is doing so well and I pray for the same for Aidan. I just know he is in God's hands. I will keep my blog updated with Aidan's progress and feel free to copy and paste the info if you would like to as well.
    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete